How To Assemble A Futon Sofa Bed: Quick Hacks
The futon sofa bed is an excellent piece of furniture for compact spaces, like an office, a small living room, or a guest room. It also provides an elegant atmosphere for a modern style of living. Knowing how to assemble a futon sofa bed and identify its different types should be in your checklist before purchasing one. Understanding the different types will allow you to choose the best one that suits your needs. Here are the different types of futon sofa beds you should know.
The Different Types Of Futon Sofa Beds
Futon sofa beds come in a metal or wooden frame. They vary in size, dimension, color, and brand. Although futon quality and style will differentiate from one manufacturer to another, they usually have a straightforward general assembly. It will be easier to know how to assemble a futon sofa bed if you know which type you have. A futon sofa bed has three different types:
The Basic Bi-Fold
You can imagine a bifold futon sofa bed as a sheet of cardboard or paper. If you fold that in half and let in a lie on your table, having the one side down, the paper or cardboard will resemble a chair. The Basic Bi-Fold futon is a two-sided frame. One side is fully horizontal, and the other can lock itself horizontal and vertical. If the lock is vertical, this side becomes a backrest transforming the furniture to make a decent looking couch. If the lock is flat, then the entire piece becomes a mattress that you can sleep in comfort.
The trifold futon folds itself into three sections. For a mental image, imagine the basic bi-fold locked in as a couch and add another section or deck where the side locks in vertical. The three sides fold under itself to become a couch and then pulls out into a full-size bed. The Trifold is usually big enough to accommodate two people and compact enough to have in small spaces.
The Love Seat Tri-Fold
The love seat try fold resembles a basic bi-fold futon sofa bed, but it has a footrest located underneath where the vertical side is constant and is hidden until use. This third section pulls out from the hidden spot and provides for better footrest, whether in couch or mattress mode.
Because there are different types, knowing how to assemble a futon sofa bed will differ in the procedure, but just for a little bit. It is very straight forward, and we will tackle each assembly one by one. The first thing you do is unpack the package.
Basic Bi-Fold Assembly
- Layout the stretchers and arms on the ground, together with the different equipment needed that comes with the package.
- Make sure to segregate the same parts into individual groups for easy viewing and handling.
- The first real step is to insert the barrel nuts into the stretcher, with the grooved of the nut facing you.
- Connect the stretchers to their respective arms, use the screws that came with the package to connect the arm into the stretcher and into the barrel nut.
- Use a screwdriver or Allen key to tighten the screws, but not too tight, because the frame has to be loose.
- Proceed to do these steps again on the other seven holes. There are about two holes per corner for the arms and stretchers.
- Layout the decks flat and place the seat deck to the back deck.
- Secure each hinge point with the cotter pin and clevis pin that came with the package.
- Then proceed to attach the side rollers to each side of the back deck using another set of cotter pins and clevis pins.
- Lower the assembled deck into the frame.
- Straighten and line up the slide rollers to the grooves of the arms.
- Vertical grooves should fit the top rollers, and horizontal grooves should fit the lower rollers.
- Once these are all in place, tighten the screws, but do not overtighten.
- And that is how to assemble a futon sofa bed with a basic bi-fold style.
The Tri-Fold Assembly
- (FOLLOW STEPS 1 to 6 from basic bi-fold assembly)
- Layout the slat rack flat and attach side rollers to each end. Attach and secure it using the cotter and clevis pins.
- Lower the slat rack into the frame carefully, while lining up the side rollers to the groove located in the arms.
- If the deck is straight and lined up correctly, tighten stretchers, but do not overtighten.
- You can then fold your frame into the couch position. The futon mattress can rest on top of your couch.
- And that is how to assemble a futon sofa bed with a TRI-fold style.
Love Seat Tri-Fold
- (FOLLOW STEPS 1 to 13 from basic bi-fold assembly)
- Assemble the frame of the extended footrest.
- Make sure that it is tightened with a screwdriver.
- Attach the legs to the frame of the footrest.
- Attach the separate futon mattress.
- And that is how to assemble a futon sofa bed with a Love Seat Tri-Fold style.
A futon sofa bed is a practical piece of modern furniture perfect for any setting. It is most applicable for compact spaces like an office, guest room, condo unit, or minimalist living space. It maximizes the area and provides an elegant ambiance with a modern look. I hope this article prepared you to get your very own futon sofa bed. Knowing how to assemble a futon sofa bed has its advantages. When your futon sofa bed arrives, you’ll know exactly what to do.
August 18, 2020
By: Areeba Jarvis
Getting the best choice vanity set at home will not only help you in organizing your jewelry and cosmetics. It can also assist you in getting ready every morning for work, or any night outs.
August 12, 2020
By: Ammaarah Mason
There are a lot of ideas on how to make your own vanity set. Even if you don’t have a lot of space or money, you can still make a unique, fun, and practical vanity set that you’ll surely love.