Keeping things in order is difficult, especially when we have limited space at home. Having a built-in closet helps maximize the room space and also make your house more stylish. The right corner closet will help organize things to utilize space in the house. If you know how to build a corner closet, it will help you organize and store items effectively, which will allow you to access them easily.
Benefits of a Custom Closet
Learning how to build a corner closet is easy and exciting as well. Aside from it can save space at your home. It is also one of the best gifts you could get for yourself. Though building a customized closet is expensive, it will add value and design to your home. It is like investing something that will not just make your things organized but will add value to your house. Here are some benefits of having a customized closet.
The beauty of the custom-made closet is that you can make a design according to your needs and wants. You can choose the type of materials you want as well as the colors. About the interior layout, all the things that you want to put inside the closet will also be considered.
You may add as many sections as you want in the closet if you have a bigger space. You may install extra shoe shelves, create a section dedicated to handbags, a tie rack, and the likes. If you have a small space and building a customized closet has a limitation in terms of size, you may build some drawers to take advantage of the depth of the space. There is no rule for custom closets, flexibility rules.
Since you made the designs of your closet, it will surely work for you. All your things will be in order, which will means getting your favorite staples and accessories easy.
Being hands-on during the planning and building your closet will showcase your sense of design. You get to match the design of your closet with the interiors of your home.
Tips on Building a DIY or Customized Corner Closet
A corner closet is useful in saving space in your room, kitchen, or even in your bathroom. While making a customized closet is expensive, there are also different ways on how to build a corner closet, which is a lot cheaper but will still provide its purpose. You can do it on your own or with the help of an expert person. Following are some simple tips for do-it-yourself closet:
- Custom shelves – create a closet shelf to double storage space.
- Belt and other hang-ups – place some cup hooks at the closet door to accommodate belt holders.
- Storage for boxes – you may add a place where small boxes can be put. These small boxes can be the baskets for smaller items.
- Shoe storage booster tool – build a shoe storage booster tool (parked inside the closet) that may be used as a step to reach the higher shelf and the same time can accommodate a couple of pairs of shoes.
Practical Corner Storage Ideas
Aside from knowing how to build a corner closet, it is also important to consider some storage ideas. It may be built to make your home neater and more organized. Here are some of them:
- Built a shelf by the door
- Make benches with pull-out baskets
- Wall shelf for bedroom
- Wine rack
- Modern cube wall shelves on a corner
- Lazy susan under the kitchen cabinet
- Coffee center nestled in the corner
- Trash bins under the cabinet
- Beautiful shelf to display some books
- Lazy susan in the pantry
- Open wall cabinet for the kitchen
- Tall bookshelves on the wall
- Corner storage idea for the pantry
- Handy shelves for the bathroom
If you are planning to build a fancy corner closet in your home, make sure that you are ready to spend some money. Creating a customized closet is expensive but will be worth it.
While there is a pricey customized corner closet, there is also the do-it-yourself corner closet that cost less but will still help you organize things. You need to be creative. Fancy or simple, a customized build-in closet is a perfect solution to anyone’s closet issues. To maximize the benefits, make sure that you will build it from good quality materials. Find out more about closets.