What To Look For When Buying A Sofa Bed?
Buying a sofa bed or a sleeper sofa can save you the trouble of seating space and sleeping comfort. It is a small piece of furniture that offers the homeowners or guests the luxury of a good night’s sleep and an entertainment lounge.
Are you also looking for this versatile piece of furniture? We’ll show you tips and tricks on what to look for when buying a sofa bed! It is undoubtedly a multi-purpose piece of furniture that you don’t need to spend a fortune on.
Why Buy A Sofa Bed
One huge reason why homeowners love to keep their sofa bed on hand is because of their lifestyle. But if you need a little more convincing, here are the reasons why it is wise to invest in a sofa bed:
A sofa bed...
- Saves storage space. Depending on the type, it can come with hidden storage spaces. You can keep extra beddings and pillows underneath. If a guest comes over for a sleepover, you’ll be ready to set it up in no time.
- Is comfortable. Modern sofa beds are made to ensure a comfortable sleep and provide the sleeper with ample support. The sleeping space and mattress have been thought out carefully so your guests won’t sink when sleeping over.
- Is great for kids. When your child has a small bedroom but is eager to have his best friend over, a sofa bed can make for an extra comfortable bed.
- Is a stylish sofa. Modern sofa beds aren’t your standard upholstered furniture, but it can conceal itself as an elegant traditional sofa and is quite comfortable to sit on.
- Comes in all shapes, sizes, and designs. It can come as a double twin-size for sleeping and as small as a two-seater for lounging.
- Is a space saver. It can occupy a small part of the living room if you live in a smaller apartment or home. It can easily convert the living room to a bedroom in an instant!
These are certainly inspiring reasons! Now you have a little idea of what to look for when buying a sofa bed.
Ready To Buy A Sofa Bed?
There are various types of sofa beds in the market. You’re ready to choose your own. You now have an idea as to what you can do with a sofa bed in your own home. Next up, we’ll show you what to look for when buying a sofa bed online or at a store:
Remember to look for...
- A sturdy, quality frame. A sofa bed should be able to support a few sitters and a sleeper. Look for one that has a strong and durable frame. Hardwood is preferred, but there are sturdy frames available as well. Avoid buying frames made from softwood.
- A quality mattress. A good bed supports the lower back, shoulders, and hips.
- A sofa bed that converts easily. It should be easy to transform from a sofa to a bed. You should be able to lift and pull out the bed in one swift motion. Listen for squeaks. It should also have a locking mechanism that closes the bed just as easily.
- Smooth edges. Inspect all the parts of the sofa bed. There shouldn’t be any sharp edges so that the bed sheets and pillows won’t rip.
- The perfect fabric. Modern fabrics offer a visual appeal, style, and design, as well as practicality. Find stain-resistant but breathable fabric covers. If you have pets, it should be resistant to clawing, too.
Buying a sofa bed can be an exciting time, especially when it comes to renovating your home. These factors will serve as a guide when you wish to learn how to buy a sofa bed on your own.
Measure And Test Your Sofa Bed
By now, you have a pretty good idea of what your soon-to-be sofa bed looks like in your living room or guest room. You may have a design, theme, fabric, and style visualized! Next, we want to send you off with the last two reminders, so you are sure about what to look for when buying a sofa bed:
- Measure it - Be sure to measure the space you have available for your sofa bed. If you don’t have a lot of wiggle room, you may end up buying an oversized couch and a bed you can’t use in the desired room. Get the exact measure of the available space you have for the sofa bed both in sofa and bed mode. Once you have that, set an allowance just so you can have a bit of flexibility when you shop in the stores or online. A few inches will suffice. Online and physical stores already offer modern, slim, or compact sized sofa beds. Take the measurements of the sofa and the size of the whole sofa bed as well when it is opened all away.
- Test it - Just like buying a bed or a sofa, you will have to sit on it and test for firmness. Try opening and closing it as well and feel how it is when it turns into an actual bed. It should not be stressful to open and close. Over-all, it should be easy to operate.
Now that you learned what to look for when buying a sofa bed, you’ll have a good piece of furniture that is perfect for your beautiful home. By using this sleeper sofa buying guide, you are now ready to explore the various designs and styles available in the market. Remember to measure and test it before buying. We hope you enjoy renovating your home with this guide.
November 6, 2020
By: Eileen Tomlinson
Have you ever found yourself in a pickle when a guest needs to sleepover, and you don’t have a guest room or spare bed to offer at the time.
November 5, 2020
By: Areeba Jarvis
The best small ottoman is a genius piece of furniture. Aside from being an accent piece to a living room, an ottoman provides comfort
November 2, 2020
By: Ammaarah Mason
There is one handy piece of furniture that we believe every living room should have. Whether you have a small living space or a wider real estate, an ottoman is a great investment.