Where To Put A Coffee Table With A Sectional In Your Home
Are you planning to renovate your living room with sectional couches or sofas? Sectional sofas are practical and comfortable furniture that relieves seating issues. They can dominate the room, and that’s probably why people often ask where to put a coffee table with a sectional couch in the room?
Unlike conventional sofas, sectional couches are made up of multiple independent pieces that can be arranged in various patterns and positions. This often works very well in a living room space with a big-screen television as the focal point, or as a gathering area for parties. But how do you work around a coffee table?
How To Work Around A Coffee Table With Sectional Couches
A coffee table should provide comfort and style in your living room. It’s going to be the furniture that holds your coffee table books, drinks, and conversations between friends. Knowing where to put a coffee table with a sectional is essential because a coffee table should be proportionate in size to the sofas. When it comes to measures, it is best to buy a coffee table that is at least half the length of your sofa. A medium table will be ¾ or ⅔ and is just as perfect as long as it isn’t longer than the sofa itself.
Maybe at this point, you are deciding between a rectangle, square, oval, or round coffee tables. The size of the coffee table is your personal choice. Professional designers suggest that the table you are going to obtain will fit your personal needs and area space. Here’s how to work around your coffee table and sectionals:
- It is advised to provide a generous distance between the table and the sofa. The distance should provide harmony, convenience, and aesthetics.
- A good rule of thumb is to provide at least 20 inches of space between the two furniture. There should be enough legroom and breathing room for your furniture and fixtures. You may be tempted to add plants and other decors in the area. Just make sure to provide enough negative space for comfort.
- If you have a coffee table that is larger than usual, it is often great to pair it with large sectionals as well, but only if your living room is spacious.
- If you do not have enough area space, you may need a smaller and compact coffee table.
- Experiment with your sectionals, place it around different areas around the table like loose legos.
- Take advantage of corners, especially in smaller rooms. You can always push sectionals towards corners to create a wider space between the table.
- You can also place coffee tables in corners, and the sectionals can work around the walls of the room.
- Always remember not to overstuff!
Different Types Of Sectionals That Pairs Well With Coffee Tables
So you’re wondering where to put a coffee table with a sectional that hopefully pairs well? Here are the different types of sectional couches you can choose from:
- L-Shaped or Chaise sectionals - If your living space is rectangular or elongated, this L furniture will fill the sides very well and pairs well with a rectangular or oval coffee table—great lengthy-looking furniture for a lengthy space.
- Square or Corner sectionals - This sectional is ideal for large and small spaces. It pairs very well with a round or square coffee table.
- U-Shaped sectionals - U-shaped sectionals are amazing for large and spacious living rooms. They can provide ample seating with a big-screen television, large windows, or fireplace as the focal point. Choose coffee tables that can fill the negative space in that U-shape.
Stuff You Should Know Before Choosing A Coffee Table
You have the background info ready when it comes to knowing where to put a coffee table with a sectional. Now, you’re planning to buy an actual coffee table to match your sectionals. You may have the best coffee table in mind already. To make sure if you’re making the right choice, the coffee table you want should tick these boxes:
- Is the coffee table going to be a formal table for drinks, games, or a decorative centerpiece with coffee table books? You will need a table that can withstand casual conversations and activities as needed. If it’s decorative, then a gentle or milder table made of glass or thinner material can work.
- What material will match the room and other furniture? Look around your room and check if dark wood, timber, leather, or acrylic will work as your table material.
- The shape of the table (square, rectangle, or oval) matters, but is your sofa lower than your desired coffee table? Your coffee table should match the same seat height.
- Do you need additional storage space? Tables can come with drawers and compartments. Alternatively, ottomans and trunks also work.
Coffee tables matching sectional sofas is a necessary design relationship to consider in order to achieve a harmonious structure. You now know how to combine them and make your living space a more engaging and beautiful place.
Are you ready to decorate or renovate your living room? Remember to keep in mind the layout, the sectional shapes, and the coffee table types in order to achieve a functional yet gorgeous living space. Knowing where to put a coffee table with a sectional is the first step. Afterward, you can choose whether you want to go minimalist or add plants, ottomans, paintings, and more.
These can sound very technical at the beginning. Just don’t forget to add your personal taste to your choice of coffee table and be adventurous in trying new combinations! Use the tips above and I',m sure that you’re going to have a living space that matches your style and personality. Guests will surely have a fun and comfortable time in your home.
November 5, 2020
By: Areeba Jarvis
The best small ottoman is a genius piece of furniture. Aside from being an accent piece to a living room, an ottoman provides comfort
November 4, 2020
By: Areeba Jarvis
Ottomans are genius pieces of furniture. They are practical addition, even to a cramped living room. The best storage ottoman only offers comfort, but they also offer a great storage solution, especially for small room spaces.
November 2, 2020
By: Ammaarah Mason
There is one handy piece of furniture that we believe every living room should have. Whether you have a small living space or a wider real estate, an ottoman is a great investment.